Last updated: February 1, 2022
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our services, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or whenever it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Master Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
I. INFORMATION GATHERING
When you request to schedule a personalized product demo, we ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, telephone number, and various other business-related questions.
We and our third-party service providers may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with our website or use our support services. This information may include, among other information, the browser and operating system you are using, areas within the website that you visited, which pages or content you viewed, and similar information and statistics about your interactions. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve marketing, analytics, and website functionality.
II. USE OF INFORMATION
We use information we collect for the following purposes:
- Products and services provision
- Identification and authentication
- Services improvement
- Contact and research
Much of our processing of your information is to meet our contractual obligations to you. In many cases, we handle your information for purposes of furthering our legitimate interests in commercial activities, such as:
- Providing our Software and related services
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Software and related services
- Improving, upgrading, or enhancing our Software or related services
- Developing new products and services
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities
- Enforcing our agreements and policies
- Analyzing and improving our business
- Communications, including marketing and responding to your inquiries about our products and services
- Managing legal issues
Davisware may disclose your personally identifiable information to:
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as an on-going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- Government agencies as required by law in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Any current or future subsidiaries or affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes, including activities such as for them to provided services to you, or support or supplement the services we provide.
- Davisware’s policies do not apply to third-party integrations you subscribe. Please consult those respective third party’s privacy policies for further information on their practices. Davisware has no control over use of information by third party integrations subscribed.
IV. LOCATION INFORMATION
When using the Davisware Remote Field Service (RFS) applications, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine and store your current location. Data collected is used to provide proprietary features of our core software solutions, GlobalEdge and Vision. Features include, but are not limited to, showing technician location on maps, scheduled routes, providing estimated time of arrival, geofence arrivals and departures, and time sheet validations.
Location is only requested if your organization has granted us permission to do so on mobile devices used for work-related duties.
If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located within GlobalEdge or Vision’s account settings, and in your mobile phone settings, however it may limit your use of certain features and functionality of the Software or our services.
We will not share geographical locations with other partners or anyone outside of the company that has purchased Davisware software.
VI. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS
When visiting our website, third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes. Data such as cookie identifiers and website activity is collected for targeted advertising. This data may be used by third parties (such as AdRoll) to target advertising on other sites based on your users’ online activity.
If you would like to opt out, please do so at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/optout.asp
One system. Greater efficiency.
A bigger bottom line.
Learn more about how Davisware's field service management software can help you: